Kala Bhairava is a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva. ‘Kala’ represents Dark Times. ‘Bhai’ represents Fear. ‘Rav’ represents Destroyer. So, in all, Kala Bhairava destroys the Dark times and the fear generated from it. When worshiped and called upon, God Kala Bhairav bestows the worshiper with his blessings to turn the Good times. He helps devotees fruitfully utilize their time in securing their goals. This is the reason why he is knows as the Lord of Time. Wasting time in trivial pursuits can be diverted towards a constructive purpose, if one offers prayers and chants the name of Bhairava. He purifies souls with his sheer power and makes odds for favorabe believers.
It is widely believed that Kala Bhairav can solve most of the problems which are pending for a long time.
To be successful in life more or less boils down to being at the right place at the right time. If we fritter away our time on useless pursuits and can not remember what we did then we are essentially offending Lord Kaala Bhairav. Time lost is lost. Wasting time is tantamount to insulting Lord Kaala Bhairav. If we are mismanaging time and wasting it on frivolous pursuits it is necessary that we worship Lord Kala Bhairav to help us better utilize time towards a constructive end. The direct benefit would also be that you will miraculously be at the right place at the right time when opportunities come knocking. He can bestow good or favorable time on the seeker.
Who can benefit from Lord kaala Bhairav worship:
- Inability to think or act constructively with the end result being that every activity results in wasting time (mental paralysis is what I would call it)
- Students spending lot of time in their education still not able to read anything constructively and unable to score.
- Those working spending enormous amount of time to do the simplest of tasks
- Facing too many hurdles due to every task taking too much time to accomplish. Lord of Time is unhappy and hence every mole becomes a mountain. eg. If you are doing grocery shopping – some item on the list is unavailable and you end up visiting 4 stores on different part of the town and what should be done in 2 hours takes 6 hours.
“OM SHRI KALA-BHAIRAVAYA NAMO”
“OM HRAAM HREEM HROOM HRIME HROUM KSHAM KSHETRAPAALAAYA KAALA BHAIRAVAAYA NAMAHA”
“OM KAALAKAALAAYA VIDMAHEY KAALAATHEETHAAYA DHEEMAHI THANNO KALLA BHAIRAVA PRACHODHAYAATH”
It is understood that there are 64 forms of Kala Bhairava that can be worshipped; these are grouped into 8 each. They are:
- Asidanga Bhairava: Gives creative ability
- Guru Bhairava: Divine educator
- Chanda Bhairava: Gives incredible energy, cuts competition and rivals
- Kroda Bhairava: Gives you the power to take massive action
- Unmatta Bhairava: Controls negative ego and harmful self talk
- Kapala Bhairava: Ends all unrewarding work and actin
- Bhishana Bhairava: Obliterates evil spirits and negativity
- Sahara Bhairava: Complete dissolution of old negative karmas